Sunday, March 12, 2017

Worship Him GDT post for Joy Clair


This is my second post as a Guest Designer for Joy Clair and the Color By Faith Bible Journaling stamp sets.  My second choice for the month of March was the Worship Him stamp set.  It reminded me of so many of the old hymns I grew up singing in church.  



I choose to journal Psalm 142 with the Worship Him set.  Psalm 142 was written by David while he was hiding in a cave.  Bible commentaries indicates that it most likely occurred when David was hiding from King Saul.  David felt like a prisoner that no one wanted to help him, a dismal place to be!  It is a prayer to God to send him help.  David is reminded that even though he feels weak, the Lord makes him brave.



My first step was to highlight Psalm 142 and the adjacent area with Imagine Creative Medium in Iridescent Pink.  It is applied in a very thin coat with a foam brush.  I allowed ample dry time before moving on to the next step.  The Creative Medium acts as a gesso and gives a very slight Mother-of-Pearl iridescence to the page.  (It is also a forgiving surface if you accidentally smudge a stamp before the ink dries and allows you to start over!)


Because of David’s prayer in the Psalm, I choose to use four of the sentiments from the Worship Him stamp set.

All of the images are stamped in Brilliance ink—Pearlescent Orchid, Pearlescent Purple, Pearlescent Lavender, Pearlescent Thyme, and Starlight Black.  I placed the clean stamps on the page first to determine placement and then practiced on a scrap paper to determine which colors I wanted to use.  For the final image and the arrow, I stamped in Starlight Black as I felt it was the focus of the passage for me.  The verses are tied to the sentiment stamp by the color matching between the highlighting and stamping.  To highlight the passage, I masked the surrounding area and used an ink blusher to gently tape ink on the page.  The ink was heat set with a heat gun as the Creative Medium slowed down the dry time.  Swirls and hearts are added to tie the section together.  The final touches are hand-written on the page in Memento Dual Marker in Rose Bud.

This is a wonderful Psalm to meditate on when life seems to be surrounding you with enemies and tribulations.  I know that it has brought me peace and joy in the Lord during troubling times. 

Remember I’ve decided to offer a bit of blog candy to my loyal readers and followers.  I will draw a name at the end of March from my followers who comment on any of my posts by March 31st.  Click either method to the left to become a follower or follow Snippets of Time via email.  I have a few things in my stash that need new homes, both new and gently used.  So, hang out with me during March, follow the blog, and comment on your favorite blog posts.  To win the blog candy you must comment and be a follower, or follow via email.  Thanks, and good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!