Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Anything Goes at Retro Rubber




Retro Rubber’s challenge for the next two week is ANYTHING GOES!  This is always a popular challenge and we usually get some fantastic projects.  Please check out the fun projects the Design Team has created. 




We had a big birthday in our home this last week, my son turned 18!  Wahoo!  This card was inspired by the sketch over at Paper Craft Crew Challenges.  

 

My son likes the color blue, so I found ribbon in my stash in several colors of blue and used that as the starting point for color selection.  I wanted to feature eighteen on his card so I went with some really old Idea-ology grunge board—harlequin digits & punctuation.  The grunge board readily absorbs ink, I used Memento Luxe Nautical Blue.  DCWV cardstock in two coordinating colors are added to the mix.  One is pressure embossed and sanded with Cuttlebug’s Happy Birthday embossing folder.  The other is stamped with Taylored Expression In & Out Birthday from 9/2014.  The sentiment is fussy cut before it is adhered to the card with dimensional foam adhesive. 

Please come play along with our Retro Rubber challenge and share your ANYTHING GOES project with us!  Remember to use a stamp at least 1 year old, after all we are the Retro Rubber Blog Challenge, and let us know how long it’s been around.  We also ask that you enter only 9 other challenges besides ours.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful texture, Neva! I bet your son was very pleased with his birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neva, love your card! The colors are beautiful and the embossed background is lovely. I bet your son loved it and Happy 18th to him too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome and very masculine card for your son Neva, love the embossing, looks truly fabulous. I bet he loved it.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing texture in this card Neva, I bet your Son loved it and I hope he had a wonderful 18th Birthday. Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this was one of my first embossing folders and I don't think it's seen the light of day for several years! Love how you used it...so fun! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really awesome, Neva, and the blue ribbon just blends right into the Monochromatic theme. Thanks so much for playing along with us. I hope that next time you think of ribbon, you will think of Really Reasonable Ribbon for all your twines, trims, ribbons, flowers, and more. We look forward to having you play along in our challenges again soon as well. Oooo….and don’t forget about our Blog Hop on the 13th. One lucky person wins the Ribbon Club Assortment, and it could be YOU this month. I hope you will join us.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sanding really makes the embossing pop. I think it's a really great masculine card. Ah, son's 18th birthdays... If you're at all like me, you felt a lot of pressure to make it just right for him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great masculine card for a momentous occasion! I know your son appreciated his blue card with lots of texture and layers. Happy BirthDay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue color is gorgeous and I love how you added the number. I have this folder, and now, thanks to you, I am inspired to use it thanks! Love your card!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific layout and colors, he surely loved his card!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!